To continue with our Fourth of July tradition, we headed back to Chapin to celebrate with our families. Belle in particular was so excited to go back and visit with her buddies - Jazzie, Molly and Layla - and gave us kisses the whole drive home! We spent most of Saturday relaxing out on the lake, just enjoying the sunshine. On Saturday night we gathered with family and friends at the annual Fourth of July party at the Moore's lake property (which is nicely located within walking distance from my parents home). They were so kind to provide a bluegrass band and a DJ for entertainment, along with hotdogs and hamburgers. They had asked everyone to bring a side dish or dessert (homemade please), BYOB, your picnic blanket and chairs. I made Paula Dean's "Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding" -- Mm Mmmm! I love banana pudding! The DJ played patriotic music during the firework display - I enjoyed it, but Brian could have done without it!
Sweet Pumpkin and Apple Soup
-
*Sweet Pumpkin and Apple Soup*
*Ingredients*
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 large tart apples (like Ginger Gold), peeled and cho...
10 years ago

What great pictures! It looks like yall had a wonderful 4th :)
ReplyDeleteWHAT ON EARTH!! Lindsay, I found you. I didn't know you had a blog... I loved just catching up on your life. Wow, how your family has grown in one year! AMAZING!!
ReplyDeleteI need blog lessons apparently, I don't know how to change my background without messing everything else up! Anyhoo... tell Mr. cook (aka brian) we said hello. I can not believe he cooks! WOW!! Must be nice:)