

GIDDY-UP!!! Check out how much fun I'm having on that rocking horse!! Brian and I had always remembered seeing these pictures of me and thought it would be fun if our little man had a rocking horse of his own one day. My mom has found the original plans for us to make one for our family (as well as for Trey and Lawton to have when they start their own families). We haven't started the project yet and its not at the top of our to-do list since the little man won't be able to enjoy it for a while, but I will definitely make sure to post pictures once the rocking horse is completed.
A brief history of the rocking horse: My mom's cousin (Skip) had let my parents borrow his family's rocking horse while Trey, Lawton and I were little. Skip's grandfather had a friend who bought the "original" horse and his grandmother copied the profile to kraft paper to make a pattern so that her family could have one of their own. Skip's grandfather made one for his grandson and, at the same time, Skip's dad (Hugh) made one for him. Not only was it used by my family, but his two brothers also enjoyed it. So, this horse has seen some heavy duty riding!! While Skip was preparing the plans to send to Brian and I he noticed that over 3/8 of an inch had been worn off the bottom of the horse by years of use by the family kids rocking!
In other news, I am officially in my third trimester!!! I am just in my 29th week and have only 11 more weeks to go (yikes)! I had my 28 week appointment last Thursday and everything continues to look great. I haven't heard back yet in regards to my Glucola Tolerance Test, but I've been told that no immediate news is good news. Brian and I had our Caring for the Baby educational class last night and learned about bathing, changing diapers, what to expect that first week home, etc. We have our OB Tour on Thursday. We are continuing to make some major progress on our nursery ... Once a few more items get checked off the list I promise to post more pictures of the nursery.
Hope y'all have a great week! Love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment