Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

26 Weeks and Making Some Progress on the Nursery






Brian really got going on the nursery this weekend - It feels good to make some progress! We decided to install wall paneling and the pictures above are of Brian hard at work (he's now painting as I type this so we aren't quite finished). He also took down the original light fixture/ceiling fan and hung our new pendant last weekend. The walls in the nursery were already blue when we bought the house and I'm sure Brian is hoping that this color blue will work with our crib bedding. ;) Speaking of, we ordered new crib bedding and window treatments this week ... so slowly but surely the nursery is starting to come together. YAY!

While Brian was busy working on the nursery Saturday morning, I went to brunch with my "brunch bunch," which is just a group of girls in Greenville that are all currently expecting. Out of the girls that know what they are having, we are pretty much the only one's (or we could be the only one ... I can't quite remember) expecting a baby boy. He's going to be one lucky lil' fellow with all those cute girls running around!!!

We also received our certification in Adult/Child/Infant CPR on Thursday. I think we are both really glad we decided to take the class and pray that we never have to use any of the information we learned. And, I have my Glucola Tolerance Test next Thursday to test for gestational diabetes.

Baby D, at 26 weeks, weighs approximately 2 lbs and measures in at about 9 inches long (according to the books) . I can't believe that I'll soon be into my THIRD TRIMESTER!!!

2 comments:

  1. The room looks really cute! I can't believe Brian is using that good shirt we gave him as his painting shirt though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! You are sooooo cute prego girl! I can't wait to keep up and watch you grow... I'm slack at checking blogs, but I'm going to do better! love you and tell Brian GREAT JOB on the nursery!!

    ReplyDelete